torsdag 3. januar 2008

Brighter days


The very first finished project this year. A Eastern/spring tablerunner, which was started in August.We had a lot of guests during last summer, so I got some time to stitch the hexagons by hand while chatting in the sofa. Then, in early December I came across the lilac/white rabbit fabric I've used for a frame, and knew the minute I saw it that it was perfect! Quite happy with the result.

It's about a meter long, quilted with a variegated YLI thread (grey/yellow) in a wacky diagonal-pattern. The binding is a large-scale Heather Bailey fabric. I've always used small pattern fabric or stripes for binding, so this was new.

I really, really like stitching hexagons, and believe someone once said it was addictive. So true! I'm planning a new project already, a treeskirt for next christmas. Or was it christmas 2009? I have some unfinished projects now, I'm afraid.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Kjempenydelig vårduk! Gleder meg til vår og lengre dager :-) Ønsker deg en flott helg :-)

Anonym sa...

Lekker duk! Minnte meg på at vi går mt lysere tider :)