torsdag 7. februar 2008

From Hell to Heaven


I've been having some serious problems with my Elna for over a year, but for some reason I've never tried to open it and look inside.. Until now. And look! A huge lump of dust! I had no idea so much could pile up in there.. And now the sewing machine is a dream. It's silent, and doesn't "chew" up the fabric at all! I've got back the machine I once dreamt of, it kind of like christmas and birthday all over again ;)

I've been sewing some different things the past few days, as I've joined a frendship quilt-group. It's so much fun to "go crazy" with different patterns, foundation piecing and lots of color! I'm supposed to sew 8 blocks, 2 every month. My February-blocks are done, and hopefully they'll get in the mail tomorrow. Excited to hear what the recievers will think!

After making intricate blocks, it's always fun to do something fast and simple, like these. They're called Puss in the Corner, and I got the idea from the faboulus Norwegian book Quiltegleder. They will all be blue, beige and brown, and I'll get to use many different japanese fabrics, both prints and plaids/other heavier qualities/textures.
I've only made 4, but as mentioned before, they're quick, so I'll make some more during the weekend and will hopefully get some idea how this will turn out!

Ingen kommentarer: