mandag 3. september 2007

A brand new blog!

In English! Wow..

I already have a Norwegian blog; http://blogg.hobbyboden.com/halijens but now I wanted to make a new one. The community where I keep my old blog is maybe best suited for knitters, since there are more knitters. I hope to get to know more blogs and quilters by making this new blog!
I've only been quilting for about 3 years, and for sure still have much to learn. I get inspired everywhere. Nowadays I'm making a pinwheel-quilt, a tiny christmas tablecloth/dollquilt, and I'm thinking about an art-quilt with lots of applique.
I like to try new things all the time, you might say I haven't found my own style yet.. But it's coming!




Inspiration today:




-This amazing Norwegian quiltbook, Quiltegleder. I got it from a bookclub the other day, and love it! The colors are fantastic, the authors use repro-fabrics, Amy Butler fabrics, a lot of buttons ans sequins! A lot of traditional blocks in not so traditional colors. Me like!






-Kaffe Fassetts "Brocade Flower" in ochre. What a fabric! I got to have it! This is a rather "easy" Kaffe Fassett fabric to use, as it doesn't have to many colors in it. I love his flowery patterns, but too often I find it too difficult to put them successfully into a quilt.



-Kristin Lavransdatter. Sigrid Undsets amazing triology about a woman in the 14th century. 1269 pages of wisdom! My hand kinda hurts...
I used to hate reading old-fashioned language (this was written in the 20's) but now I've changed. It's interesting and fits the story well.





Ingen kommentarer: